Monday, May 20, 2013

Praise God for Kip, Again!


 photo 49d97ddf-cd31-4b96-92c5-774856061542_zps94f0dfdb.jpg
Sweet little Kip gave us a great big scare yesterday.  My sister and I were sitting at my booth at the fiber festival, and he started choking.  And he wouldn't stop.  We had to yell for help, and lots of people rushed over.  Alvina from River Hill Ranch will always hold a special place in my heart for saving my nephew's life.  We never did see what he was choking on, but we suspect angora fiber or maybe grass.  He was rashy afterward, so it may have been more of an allergic reaction to something.
Looking back on the incident, I see that God's provision in protecting Kip was perfect. I was in the tent with my sister when it happened.  I kept leaving her to look around, and Kip was facing out in his carrier so my sister couldn't see his face, so this was significant.  There were so many helpful people around us, one of whom turned out to be his own NICU nurse.  We didn't know she was there until she came over right after he started breathing again.  And my mom showed up just a few minutes later, which was a huge comfort as my sister and I were both pretty shaken up.
It's terrifying moments like this that make you realize just how fragile life is, how suddenly it can be over, and how we really and truly can do nothing to sustain our own lives or the precious lives of the ones we love.  God is so, so good, showing His mercy and power in our weakest moments, giving life and sustaining it.  We are praising God for Kip again.
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways,
And how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand?”
~Job 26:14

6 comments:

  1. Oh how scary! I popped in this morning to see if you had posted about the fiber festival, and instead you had posted about Kip. Praise God indeed!! I am so glad that he ended up ok. God must have something very wonderful for his future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! How terrifying--but how awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super scary! My son had a febrile seizure last October and I nearly died with fear. I had no idea what was happening and it lasted about 15 minutes (until the ambulance came). It turned out to be harmless but a great reminder of how precious life is. Its great you had so many helping hands :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I think it is amazing how exhausting motherhood it on its own. But then you throw in these close calls and you feel your body limp, your heart racing, your mind full of what if's...

    And then, as if it weren't enough, you replay and replay and wonder and loose sleep. And that sleep is what you need the most!

    So glad you were there, to see baby Kip, but also to support your sister. And then to have your mom show up...well, that's an absolute God thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca,
      No kidding! I hardly slept at all last night, because the whole thing kept replayng in my mind. I keep trying to imagine if it would be remotely possible for me to take a nap, but I'm pretty sure it's not.

      Delete