Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Good News Is . . .

You get a sale!
I sold 2 skeins of yarn today.  I was actually happy with that because of the type of sale it was.  Most people who passed my booth thought I was selling scarves!  Kind of funny.  Occasionally though, someone would come up to look at my yarns and their eyes would light up.  They knew it was art yarn. Seeing those people's faces was just as rewarding as actually making a sale.  I would love to sell at the local fiber festival in the spring and see what the difference is.
So I now have all previously listed yarns relisted in the shop on sale for 25% off.  I will be listing the new yarns throughout the week, so be sure to check in for a little Christmas shopping!
Miah was very industrious leading up to the sale.  She made several new pieces of jewelry, picked and dried lemon balm, and harvested cosmo seeds from the garden to sell. She sold enough to be able to make the halfway point to her goal of buying a "Pinky" spinning wheel!
Someday (when Elowen's walking) I will start carrying my real camera around, but for now, here are a few non-fabulous phone pics of our booth:
 




Jeremiah made me that lovely yarn tree and got the nice big photos printed off for me. I wish I could fit that yarn tree in my room; I love it!

4 comments:

  1. I love the yarn tree...what a great way to display your goods. Your table of goods looks awesome. Miah must have worked very hard, too! Congratulations on the sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your yarn tree! What a fabulous way to display your beautiful fibers. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tree! You could have Jer make you a smaller one or more vertical. I like the way Miah's work was displayed too. The black background sure makes things pop! Let me know if you ever make any teal yarn. Jules really wants some to make some leggings out of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I would love a yarn tree! Lucky you :-)

    from TracyAnn at www.crochethappy.com and http://asktracyann.crochethappy.com

    ReplyDelete