Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Algeria

Zahana and Rohan are continuing to study geography. This past week, we learned about Algeria.
We started by looking through our Africa continent box and doing a world map floor puzzle. They colored the flag, marked Algeria on a world map, and did a dot-to-dot of the country.


They each made a collage of Algerian animals.


Paper people wearing traditional dress.


Painting poppies.
Rohan's:


Zahana's:


Making Algerian recipes together.




Dressing up for the meal.


Chicken tagine, potato stew, baked cheese and spinach, and dates.

We learned a few Berber nouns.
And finally, I made a passport for each of them.


Each page has two countries on it. When we learn about the country, they stamp it with their thumbprints.

We finished up by doing our Africa puzzle and pointing out the countries we have learned about so far.

6 comments:

  1. What awesome ideas! I love the poppies and the thumbprint in the passport idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the meal looks absolutely scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat, Sarah! I've been thinking about doing some "country" type meals, dressing up, and related crafts. The passport idea is brilliant! :) Looked at some of your photos on other post...your baby is so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! THat looks so fun! I bet they had a blast and learned so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE the passport idea! I think I'll have to keep that in mind! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I am going to dress up Algerian for work on Monday.

    ReplyDelete