Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Babymoon with Elowen

I thought with four other kids I surely wouldn't get much recovery time after Elowen was born. However, I ended up getting more recovery time than I've ever gotten before. It helped that the doctor told us to keep Elowen home as much as we could for the first two months. It really helped that we have amazing friends and family that made that possible. So I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who brought us meals or took the kids to co-op. Thank you to my parents who spent time with the kids and made them feel special and took Larkin to baseball. Thank you to my friends who checked in with me just to make sure I was doing OK. Thank you to the sweet ladies who brought us our raw milk. Thank you to my wonderful husband who did pretty much everything. Thank you to my kids for being so sweet and helpful. I thank God for all of you. And now, despite the homebody that I am, I'm ready to get OUT! Which is a much nicer feeling than having to get out before being ready.
I think I will always treasure the precious babymoon days.

2 comments:

  1. that is wonderful. i wish i had had a long babymoon. what a gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good recovery time...but very glad you will be out and about again! :)

    ReplyDelete