Monday, May 14, 2012

Snippets

A word of advice:
Before you get one of these:


You need to get one of these!


Ha! If only it worked that way. What did I do when this girl was little?! She's such a huge help. Besides fixing door knobs and doing laundry, she also cooks and does dishes and any other little thing I might need two hands for.




Zahana loves Dick and Jane


and was recently inspired by the book to get crafty. Which inspired Miah too.


When my sister was here, she asked Zahana what she wants to be when she grows up. "A mommy!" she replied. Talk about heart melting! Zahana loves to hold Elowen and always runs over to pat her if she fusses. Elowen usually seems quite content in Zahana's arms.


Jeremiah showed the kids how to catch quarters off their elbows, so they've been practicing.


We've been playing lots of games together lately.


(Don't worry, Miah still has lots of time for fun too. And doing her own thing, which she often does. And to be fair, Larkin and Jeremiah do a whole lot of laundry, dishes and cooking too.)


Elowen and I have been loving our new Moby wrap. It's about the only way I can get anything done.

5 comments:

  1. I agree - I don't know how I ever had a baby without my big girls to help. ;) And I'm not sure how I made it without my Moby either. Our youngest daughter spent almost the first six months of her life in it since she cried if anyone other than Mama held her.

    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Sarah! I LOVE your wrap! I have red one of that type too (but it's not a Moby) and I loved it...perfect way to get some chores done in the early days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. Thanks for the note. I really think that pod is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes, how do I get one of those? My son wants a big sister in the worst way, shows me catalogs and says, can we have her???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wholeheartedly agree about those older daughters...my Annie just LOVES Phoebe and helps so much! :) Just love this post...your dining your looks so fun and so home-y!I LOVE LOVE your Moby. I made mine outta 6 yards of stretchy fabric...I need to use it more! I find the kids hold baby so much, I don't have too!!! The quarter trick is awesome, I'll have to show the kids.

    I absolutely ADORE that first photo with baby in the foreground and you? in the background. Lovely.

    Your previous nature walk post was so beautiful too...sigh. :)

    ReplyDelete