Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pushing Spring

Our little Tuesday co-op group took a field trip to our local history museum.


Along with the regular artifacts of the county, they currently have a Civil War display, which is just perfect for us, since that's what we've been learning about in history.




Miah's favorite exhibit was the catfish which was the largest fish ever caught in Tennessee. As soon as we got home, she measured out 5' 4" on newsprint and drew a big fish for everyone to color together.


The weather was sunny and warm, so Jeremiah tilled and Miah helped plant lettuce, radishes, carrots, and peas.




Barefoot weather!


The other kids were more interested in building a fire.




And finally. . .

What you've all been waiting for . . .

My belly!

I'm 29 weeks. That's about 6 months. I'm doing great, definitely the best pregnancy I've had. And this little girl is a kicker! There's no doubt that she's a strong one.
But she remains nameless. Despite the hours and hours I've put into to finding the perfect name for her. I thought I had the perfect one yesterday. Until I told Jeremiah. We are just on opposite ends of the naming spectrum, and it's so hard to agree.
So. Got any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. A VERY cute belly! I have lots of name ideas. I think I could name a million babies. I have always loved the name Savannah, but we won't ever use it. It sounds a lot like our last name. We also like Trinity and Ireland. But, instead of putting my ideas on you, have you discovered www.nymbler.com? Its wonderful. You type in names you think are ok, and maybe some names your husband thinks are ok, and then it searches for names (based on your inspirations) that you might like. If nothing else, its an endless list. We found our son Kian's name on there. I LOVE his name and would have never thought of it on my own, and had never heard it. Our inspirations were Logan (his big brother's name), Tavis, Keaton, and Kacen.....just to give you the idea. Anyways, its fun. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love, love, love, your baby belly!

    As for names...one of my favourite Irish girl names is Aoibheann (pronounced ~ A'veen) It means "beautiful and fair". Might be tricky for people to spell in the US? Good luck with your name hunting...it usually take us the full nine months! :)

    ReplyDelete