Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Fun Resumes


Today we started back to our Monday co-op after a long winter break. I snuck a picture through the window of Rohan in his Virtues preschool class. Zahana is in there too. (That's not her in the picture though.) They are also in my class and have a pk math class together. Miah is taking Color Theory, Drawing, Art, and Girls Craft Club. (Yes, there were plenty of other options, but that's what the girl likes!) Larkin has Around the World (geography), my class, Chess, and Boys Game Club (a rough-and-tumble outside class.) Miah and Larkin pick their own classes. I pick for Zahana and Rohan. The class I'm teaching with a friend is called Thinking Games. Basically, I gathered up all our math, language, geography, and strategy games and brought them for the kids to play. There are 21 kids in the class (including 3 of mine), and I thought it went really well. It's a nice group of kids. Despite this co-op being really great for the kids, I usually dread going. It's a long day, and I never feel comfortable teaching kids who aren't mine. But today seemed different. Miah and Larkin pretty much took care of themselves. Zahana and Rohan were in 2 classes. And I didn't really have to teach (and especially I didn't really have to plan either.) Plus I've been there long enough to get to know people, so I didn't feel awkward but actually had some good conversations while the kids were in class or playing on the playground. So it looks like it's going to be a good semester at co-op, not just for the kids, but for me too.


“Life is like playing a violin in public and learning the instrument as one goes along.”

~Samuel Butler

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great semester. 21 is a big class! I've been asked to teach music again in the fall...I'm really praying about that and starting to get ideas. So we'll see!

    ReplyDelete