Friday, December 23, 2011

Silks and Stuff

I did not make many handmade gifts this year, but I did make a few silks. It was inspiring as I've been in an uncreative mood for the past several months. Now I'm ready to jump in again with spinning and silk painting full force.








We let the kids open one present yesterday, because there were some things that would be great for the trip to Kentucky. Larkin opened some Jonathon Park story CD's to listen to in the van.
And he's been playing with his birthday gifts.


A bascule bridge.




Miah's MP3 player. She likes to listen to KLove, and she picked out some stories to download.


The little ones got their own Webkinz or "Wekkins" as Rohan says. Stuffed animals are about Rohan's favorite things to play with.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful crew you have there, mama. And those playsilks - they're works of art! Just gorgeous!!! I have some silk blanks and was hoping to get around to dyeing them over the holidays, and now I find myself wishing that I had some artistic ability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos of the kids at the crafts and play. It's amazing how quickly they grow. Your dyed silk is beautiful. I have tried my hand at it and there is definitely a technique. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your silks are beautiful. I haven't a clue how you did them, but they are fabulous!

    Merry Christmas.

    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    one homemade and 7 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really are works of art! Museum quality even! :)

    ReplyDelete