Monday, October 17, 2011

Homeschool Resource Meme

Phyllis at All Things Beautiful tagged me for a meme about 6 weeks ago. I feel like I've been brain dead, so I'm just now getting around to it. It's all about homeschooling resources, so it requires a bit of thought. Let's see if I can manage that. . .

1.One homeschooling book you have enjoyed.
I'll just go with the most recent, How Children Fail by John Holt. Lately I've been exploring the concept of unschooling, reading books and blogs and articles. Just another step in my education education.

2.One resource you wouldn't be without.
How about the Bible? The ultimate standard, the only standard that counts.
And the internet, the library, a van, and the great outdoors. If that's all we had, we would have plenty. I can't think of one single product that we can't do without.

3.One resource you wish you had never bought.
Well, I regret buying two of the same history book. But that's not because I don't love the history book. I feel some regret over the Rosetta Stone, but again that's not because I don't like it. It's just that computer stuff frustrates me, and it's now sitting useless on a computer that doesn't work. I suppose I could wish we never bought Singapore math. We all absolutely loathe that curriculum at the moment. Yeah, I wish we had spent those 2 1/2 years doing living math.

4.One resource you enjoyed last year.
Last year we started TruthQuest history. I love it. The kids love it.

5.One resource you will be using next year.
Next year is a long way off. The only thing I'm sure we'll use next year is the TruthQuest history again.

6.One resource you would like to buy.
Geometry Lessons in the Waldorf School

7.One resource you wish existed.
Complete living math lesson plans. Something really perfect we all loved.

8.One homeschool catalog you enjoy reading.
Montessori-'n-Such

9.One homeschooling website you use regularly.
The Crafty Crow

10.Tag other homeschoolers.
At the Butterfly Ball
Jimmie's Collage
LaPaz Home Learning
Living and Learning
Mama Scout
Plot 55
The Bowling Family
The Homeschool Den

5 comments:

  1. I think I already did this. Yeah. See here. Thanks for thinking of me. That was a fun meme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this. I was tagged for this a few weeks back and it looked fun, but I haven't ever gotten around to it. I really enjoy reading other people's ideas, so I'll get my act in together and post one soon. :)

    By the way, I always love the pictures and stuff you post. The geometric art your kids work on are so beautiful. I keep meaning to introduce something like that to my kids.

    Thanks for your inspiring blog! ~Liesl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tag. :) I did it: http://livingandlearningnow.blogspot.com/2011/10/homeschool-resource-meme.html

    ReplyDelete