Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Passionflower and Agate

This is my first attempt at spinning with a wire. A wool single was coiled around a 26 gauge brass wire to produce "Passionflower". It was fun to spin and I'm happy with how it turned out. Next time, I want to try corespinning with a wire and trying out different size wires.








I just love this next yarn, "Agate". I spun a thick and thin single and Navajo plied it. It was so fun to make, and I love the finished product. The pictures don't really show how lumpy and lovely it is. I can't wait to make more of these.








Both are available for sale here.

<3

5 comments:

  1. Love your blog, love your photos, LOVED your vacation pics and if anything could ever make me want to take up knitting, that yarn would do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.....these are so beautiful. I wish I knew how to knit or do something with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wire core yarn looks wonderful, such great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so lovely! You do wonderful work.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete