Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Vacation 2011: Day 4 & 5

Morning in Wild Cat Den State Park.




































On to the Devonian Fossil Gorge.

This is where my seven-year-old began outbirding me. He saw this bird, which he had never seen before and said, "Look! A catbird!" I said it looked like one but, thinking it a little small (as I had only seen one once), I wasn't sure. "It's a catbird," he said. "It looks exactly like one." He was right. And the thing is he didn't have his bird book with him. He's got it in his head.










A hotel for the night.


Myre-Big Island State Park in Minnesota.
















A stop for a picnic lunch at a city park.




There was lots of this between Tennessee and Minnesota.


The novelty of our car activities began to wear off and the kids started getting restless. Just when I thought they had lost it . . .




. . . we finally arrived at our destination! Woo Hoo!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW! Just...wow! Such a beautiful family, off on beautiful family adventures.

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys fit so much fun stuff into your car trip! I wish we had a couple weeks to tour places like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you got a picture of the three Mount Carmel signs! I've often found this amusing, but have never taken the picture. Funny, funny stuff. Can't miss it!

    ReplyDelete