Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Playing with Picnik

Today's June Photo Challenge: Someone You Love. I didn't take many pictures today. Miah was being silly in the garden and this was the only picture where she wasn't crossing her eyes. So I played around with it (with the free version of Picnik)to see what I could come up with. Here's the original:


Original with rounded edges.


HDR


Cinemascope with letterbox.


Cinemascope with rounded edges and no letterbox.


Lomoish 24%.


1960's.


Heat Map.


Circle Splash.


Hypnotic.


Jeremiah picked which one I should submit, and he picked cinemascope with rounded edges and no letterbox. Which one do you like?

7 comments:

  1. I would have picked the same one :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like the "Lomoish 24%" and the "1960's" versions! I also like the "circle splash"...great effect! Beautiful photo of Miah, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE her freckles in HDR...but I also would pick the same one your dh did! LOVE IT! Another fun thing with picnik is to layer and play with more than one effect. For example, put b&w effect on your photo. Then hop down to Ortonish. Take out all the bloom and up the brightness...you can fade it too if you think it's too extreme! You can do a million things like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both of the cinemascope ones. :) Beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun...I love Picnic (the non-free version is SO worth it...much more editing abilities!)

    Cute pictures.

    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    one homemade and 7 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. i have yet to try picnik - now i must!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love picnik...I use it as my primary editor-even though I have photoshop, it's just way too hard!! My personal favorite for this picture and most of mine own is the 1960's....I think it goes perfect with the flowers. She looks like a little hippie flower girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete