Friday, June 17, 2011

Bokeh

Today's Photo Challenge was Bokeh. The kiddos were playing with the hose out front. I thought that would be a good opportunity.










Obviously, at this point, I have no idea what bokeh is. I thought it was . . . glare . . . or something.


I skipped the action photo challenge a couple days ago, so I submitted this one late.


So now I'm realizing that I don't know what I'm doing, so I try a little research. I saw those really cool heart bokeh's and tried some instructions out.

Uh. That would be a fail. More reading, and Oh! Basically, bokeh is blur. Cool blur, of course.

Look! Blur! I mean . . . Bokeh!






Miah insisted this "rainbow" one was one of the best. I don't know what exactly that is. Maybe a combo of bokeh and glare.


Don't you love it when I post 1400 pictures of one weed?










OK. Time for a more interesting subject. This one gets to be my "Eyes" picture for tomorrow. (Because I spent way too much time on this today.)






Ding. We have a winner.

I look at my pictures and really have no idea what other people (real photographers) would think is good. So I picked the one I liked the best. I think it was the pretty little girl that won me over.

But I couldn't stop. More bokeh! More bokeh!




Oooh look! Those fuzzy circles in the background! Yay!








That was fun. :)

10 comments:

  1. Ha! Glad you had fun with your photo's Sarah! They are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that post made me smile and giggle a little i think that is success regardless of glare or bokeh, or whatever!:) Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post was really cute....and I so wish I knew how you ended up mastering those perfect "circles" in your bokeh towards the end of your post. They were just perfect! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all the pictures of flowers! (weeds)

    ReplyDelete
  5. made me chuckle too! and the pictures were beautiful, weeds are flowers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, normally i would have said herb or plantain or flower, but I was in a make-fun-of-myself mood, so it had to be "weed." I like plantain too. :) And those circles were made by using a close-up lens and in the immediate background was a tree with the sun shining right through the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! You crack me up! "REAL" photographers! LOL! :) You are a photographer if you take photos!!! Here is a good definition of bokah!

    In photography, bokeh (play /ˈboʊkə/ boh-kə,[1] Japanese: [boke]) is the blur,[2][3] or the aesthetic quality of the blur,[4][5][6] in out-of-focus areas of an image, or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light."[7] Differences in lens aberrations and aperture shape cause some lens designs to blur the image in a way that is pleasing to the eye, while others produce blurring that is unpleasant or distracting—"good" and "bad" bokeh, respectively.[2] Bokeh occurs for parts of the scene that lie outside the depth of field. Photographers sometimes deliberately use a shallow focus technique to create images with prominent out-of-focus regions.

    Actually, your photos with the purple flower have great bokah! :) The blurred spots of light in the background are wonderful! If you notice the post I have up now with pink roses, there is a bit of bokah there also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are beautiful!!
    xo xo
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos full of good bokeh!! You got me chuckling. Just last week I had to go search out what bokeh was as well as someone made a comment about it. Sounds so, um, exotic, doesn't it? Worldly photographers.

    Joining in on the chant: More bokeh. More bokeh. More bokeh...

    ReplyDelete