Monday, January 17, 2011

"This is our hope."


"I have a dream that one day . . . little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls and walk together as sisters and brothers.
I have a dream today.
I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plains and the crooked places will be made straight and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."
~Martin Luther King Jr.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE these two quotes! I put one up on my blog also..."I have a dream for my 4 children that they would grow up not being judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

    LOVE that photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! Gives me chills down my sternum. Thanks for sharing. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the whole speech to my kids yesterday. It was the first time I had ever read it, (Can you believe it?) and I was getting chills too, and then I got to this part and I got tears in my eyes. Then I started laughing at myself, so the kids were wondering what was going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Picture and post! Kerri

    ReplyDelete