Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Making, Making, Making

Here's a picture that pretty much sums up what I have been consumed with for the past week - spinning, dyeing silk, felting, and making window stars.










This little silk treasure map is for Larkin.






This is a practice piece - my first attempt at using gutta.


And my second attempt. Off to a good start . . .


. . . but went downhill from there. I didn't know how to do the tops of the trees, and my gutta line was broken in several places, resulting in a couple of exploding lanterns. And the salt stars are kind of weird. Obviously, I need more practice. But I think my little ones will enjoy it anyway.


Third attempt: no broken gutta lines, but I forgot to set the dye before I washed it!! Erg! Didn't fade too much though. Fortunately, this is for a little one too. :)






Miah joined me in my disaster area for some needle felting.




For Zahana, inspired by this etsy shop and this Flickr set. Tutorial here.




Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

  1. you are *so* talented! everything is gorgeous, the lanterns in the trees are my favorite - what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You create such beautiful things. I think you are such a great artist! I know your kids will love them. Hope you guys have the merriest of Christmases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on everything! I've tried to make bendy fairies like those a few times and I can never get their arms and legs to look right... yours look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creativity is always an inspiration to me! These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete