Friday, December 17, 2010

Around the House

I have enjoyed this month thoroughly. We've had some fun things to do: American Heritage Girl skate party, The Nutcracker Ballet, Christmas parade at friends' house, Boy Scouts meetings, visiting with friends, Mother/Daughter Tea, church Christmas party. But mostly, we've had lots of time at home to do not much more than enjoy each other. Jeremiah had some vacation days to use up, so he's been home a lot. And we just stayed home. As much as I enjoy taking trips, it's been really nice for all of us to be home. Somehow, even though I let the kids play most of the fall (it seemed), we're right on schedule for school. Larkin has a few pages left in his math book, so we've been working on that together in the mornings. And we've been reading together as a family -all of us together. It's been so nice. We cleaned the basement - big job! I've spent the last three days making window stars and painting silk and spinning. It's such a great feeling to just be immersed in creating, however humble my creations are. So since we've been home a lot, I haven't been taking many pictures. But here are a few of us just hanging around the house, living. And some of the ice we had yesterday.










4 comments:

  1. I love your Jesse Tree. We've been hanging out at home too. It's nice sometimes to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, your post featured on the Magic Onions blog is fabulous! I really enjoyed it. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to just relax at home, isn't it? I LOVE being at home...if we have too many outings during the week I get so fretful! We too have been enjoying lots of family reading at the moment!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family...all the way from us here in Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it nice when we can just live! I love at home days when there is nothing to do but play and hang out with my kids! Enjoy Christmas with your family and thanks for sharing your life with us!

    ReplyDelete