Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Zahana!

We started out Zahana's special day by going on a nature walk with friends at Pistol Creek Wetlands Center. Zahana proved she's growing up by spending a lot of time drawing in her nature journal.








Then we went home for cake and presents with family.





Zahana had been asking for a "purple Indian" cake for about a month. I was totally stumped until Hobby Lobby saved me at the last minute. She was happy with it, and the little Indians have turned out to be one of her favorite presents.














My dear Zahana, my longed-for child,
May you continue to grow in beauty and grace. And most importantly, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)
I love you, my sweet girl, my precious one. I love you.

9 comments:

  1. She is so precious--happy birthday Zahana!! I just love those sweet, joyful smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Zahana! Love the pictures and way to go on the "purple indian cake". Kids can sure come up with some stumpers when it comes to birthdays (my second daughter wanted a manatee cake last year). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Zahana! What a beautiful birthday girl!

    I loved the little people you created Sarah...you have inspired us lately to make more handmade gifts to give at Christmas-time!

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, happy happy birthday Zahana, beautiful girl! And what a beautiful cake, Sahra! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin, I haven't seen the book. Who has it? We're planning on coming this summer - looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A little peek in for the first time! I stumbled upon your blog to discover our children share their birthday. My son Forrest turned 5 on the 4th. Happy Birthday to Zahana!
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete