Friday, November 5, 2010

Amphibians

Larkin wanted to learn about amphibians. We checked out a load of books from the library. He wanted to make a lapbook, so we did a simple one. I made some amphibian/reptile sorting cards and found some free printables.







For the cover, we each made a picture with watercolor pencils. In case you're wondering, that's a caecilian, not a snake.

Frog Life Cycle Stamps
Tadpole/Frog
Salamander Life Cycle
Frog/Toad
Frog Q&A

You can find more at Homeschool Share and Enchanted Learning, but that was enough for us.




Frog Anatomy Model (This link shows you what it is, but we bought ours at Hobby Lobby. The model doesn't stay together or even fit together very well. We had to use rubber bands to keep it from falling apart. I would have taken it back, but we had already gotten rid of the packaging. Just a warning.)


Now a bit of housekeeping. Sixth Annual Homeschool Blog Awards polls are open now at The Homeschool Post. Thanks to whoever nominated me in the Best Crafts, Plans & Projects blog category and the Best Nature Blog Category.


Thank you to All Things Beautiful for giving me the sunshine award a while back. You can find the rules at her link if you want.
Earth Mama
Farmama
Free Flowing Ways
Handbook of Nature Study
heartsdesire
Herbal Roots
Keep Me Curly!
Learning How Much I Don't Know

9 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Thank you so much Sarah for the Sunshine Award! I will do my best to post it this week and pass along this award!

    Loved your post today...your children are very talented at drawing! Thank you also for the links you provide with your posts as it blesses me so much!

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a terrific way to learn about amphibians!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah for the award. I am so glad that I bring sunshine to your life. I love sharing our adventures and our homeschooling life with others.

    Barb-Harmony Art Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun unit study! Amphibians and Reptiles are some of the funnest things to study, and I look forward to getting to go there again with my little ones.

    And thank you for the blog award--I'll have to post about it later this week! :) Your blog is always a "ray of sunshine" to me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are quite welcome. Reading your blog always brings sunshine in my life. Thank YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! What a surprise to find an award from you for me! Thank you ever so much and I will try to figure it all out so I can spread some of the sunshine you sent my way. (I'm not very computer literate, despite having a blog...funny, isn't it?)
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pictures they drew!
    We've seen those everywhere, and my two always look at the model things, but we've never bought one. I appreciate the warning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Larkin's looks of concentration! And his woolly vest. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at you nominated for a Best Homeschooling Blog award!! That's so awesome! Congratulations! (I already knew you rocked. ;)

    ReplyDelete