Sunday, October 10, 2010

New Bunnies

Meet my new rabbits. This is Havva, a fawn satin angora. Havva is Turkish for Eve. I'm hoping she'll be the mother of many. ;) I haven't gotten any babies from Sheherazde yet, unfortunately.


And this is Turk. An albino satin, I think. I looked at so many rabbits I got confused about which were which. I went to get Frenches but came home with Satins. I love both kinds and was mainly choosing for color.

I'm sad to say I lost my first two males - both quite suddenly. I keep regretting the loss of my beautiful sable - oh how pretty he was! - and my friendly little Cocoa Butter.
Well, time for a fresh start. Now I have two males and a female with a nice variety of colors to spin. And hopefully, more to come.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, love the bunnies! We're getting rabbits soon, after we construct our barn. I really love the Satins. Sorry about your losses. But hoping for some Easter bunnies for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH.MY.GOODNESS!! That first bunny is just beautiful! After what happened with our last bunny and the one before that digging her way out we are going to give up on the bunny front but I still love them. Looking forward to some babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they are just divine! I love those rabbits! I can't wait to see you spin their fiber.
    xo
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh they look so snuggly and soft, Sarah! I would love to cuddle those bunnies! Can't wait to see your homespun fur. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza - just look at those!
    They're huge! And gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete