Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rohan Meets the Beach

Setting up camp at First Landing State Park, Virginia.


One of the finer aspects of camping with little ones.


We had just enough time to head down to the beach to see the sunset.


Rohan was nervous about that boardwalk. He was nervous about that sand too. He didn't want to be touched as he walked down to the beach. He kept telling us, "Don't make me fall." We parked his tricycle in the sand. When he got back on it, I guess he thought he was sinking into the earth, because he totally freaked out. When we finally figured out he was scared to ride on the sand and put his tricycle up on the board walk, he was fine. It's not that he had never been to the beach, but when you're two, what happened a year ago doesn't really count.


Testing the waters . . . cautiously. . .


Nope. Not gonna work.


To everyone else, the beach was pure bliss.




He was even scared for me to hold him while I stood in the water. But Zahana was having such a great time letting the waves knock her down that soon Rohan's tears turned to laughter.


Getting braver.


That's better!






To Larkin's delight, we found a crab on the walk back to the tent.




Home Sweet Home

5 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet! I'm glad Rohan was able to enjoy the water eventually. :) I was never a big sand and saltwater kid. I'm still not, but I do like to sit on a blanket and watch the waves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! Looks like great family fun. And waht a great photo of you and your hubby. Blessings on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, thanks! Those are my parents, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe! What fun you guys had! Little ones can be so funny about what scares them...I used to be afraid of sand as a little'un too!

    Loved your photographs Sarah...beautiful ones of the setting sun on the beach...oh and of Zahana's little call of nature! ;)

    Finally got to reading 'Nourishing Traditions' by Sally Fallon that you recommended...very interesting and I am so glad to finally hear what I knew all along...butter and whole milk isn't bad for you!

    I am also reading 'The Truth About Vaccines' by Dr Richard Halvorsen; which is more interesting for me as it details vaccine history worldwide and the UK specifically...which would apply to me since I was born and raised there! Very scary!

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah - My mom tells me I didn't like sand either. And Jeremiah did a lot of the picture-taking - gotta give him the credit.

    ReplyDelete