Monday, September 13, 2010

My View From the Kitchen Sink


There are some advantages to being a two-year-old boy.
Gotta go?
Just shuck your drawers.

The kids have been a bit unsupervised today. We're leaving tomorrow on a week long camping trip. A had a few things to do.
Make 3 loaves of bread.
Make 2 lbs. of sausage.
Bake a chicken.
Boil beans.
Make 2 jars of salsa.
Make beef stew.
Make cheese crackers.
Make boiled eggs.
Go get some fruit and honey at the store.
Go pick up milk.
Take my rabbit to a friend's house.
Plus today was our first day back to co-op classes. Miah and Larkin are taking a multiplication and division class. I thought they might be bummed about only having one class and it being about multiplication and division. They were all excited when they got out though. They had a good time. Obviously, they have a good teacher. I stayed in the nursery with Zahana and Rohan.
But anyway. I shouldn't be sitting here. I've still got a list to complete if we're going to avoid eating out as much as possible this week.
Pick all the meat off the chicken.
Smash all the beans into refried beans.
Make some quick bread.
Make more crackers.
Slice carrots and celery.
And PACK!
Yeah . . . I better go.
See you next week.

9 comments:

  1. Ahh yes, the joys of boys. So cute. Our co-op starts tomorrow. My oldest is taking Spanish and my youngest is doing Food, Arts & Crafts. Have fun camping (we're hoping doing to do another before it gets too cold)! It all sounds yummy. We're going to the fair tomorrow night. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed the fair. :( Hopefully next year though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a lot of cookin'! Have a blast camping! :) And thank you for the link -- I just made stock, and I think I'll put my hubby at least on that diet, since he's the super sensitive one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo!! :D Have a brilliant time camping Sarah. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious view--can't help but smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe! We get alot of that sort of thing at the moment too! Boys huh! Hope your family has a great time camping Sarah!

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missed seeing you at Monday Fun. Hope you all have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photo as I see plenty of adorable butt cheeks at my house on a daily basis! My 81 year old mother is horrified by my son's extreme comfort level with nudity! I figure he will outgrow it soon enough, so I don't worry about his bloomers down rush to the bathroom! LOL!

    Have fun camping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a keeper of a photo.

    My 3 year old was watching as I opened your blog. OMG he can't stop looking. I can imagine I will be looking at the same thing sometime real soon. I'll have to keep the camera close.

    ReplyDelete