Monday, August 30, 2010

A Day Well Spent


The day dawned pink over the wisteria. A day for outside.
Because we haven't had much this summer, we went in search of water.

Hmm. . . . . how about this?


Yes?


Yes?


Yes.































After plenty of splashing, dipping, exploring, and playing, the kids settled down to play in the sand.










And contemplate.







Over and over, Rohan would get a handful of sand and let the water slowly wash it out.



After a good while, we decided it was time for a change of scenery. So it was off to the woods.






















I laid myself down on the floor of his garret and stared up and around at the great blue beautifulness. I had forgotten him almost, when at last he said, "Ain't you done yet?"
"Done what?" I asked.
"Done saying your prayers," says he.
"I wasn't saying my prayers," I answered.
"Oh yes, you were," said he, "though you didn't know it . . . "
-
At The Back of North Wind, by George MacDonald

6 comments:

  1. Oh, what a very lovely day, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO beautiful Sarah. :) First day of Spring here, so these photos are just at the right time for me. I'm looking forward to Summer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A day well spent, indeed! Gorgeous pictures. And I'm impressed that you don't grab Z up and run screaming from sand like I do with K--getting sand out of her hair is something I have nightmares about! giggle Maybe it's the age difference that brings you such calm. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photographs Sarah! What wonderful scenery around you...your children are so blessed! I do so look forward to your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great day! Where are you guys?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shonya, I guess it is the age. Did you see this post: http://theforestroom.blogspot.com/2009/06/more-on-hair.html At that point, I had no idea I needed to be afraid!
    Sadie, we went to Chilhowee Lake first, then over to Look Rock. We didn't go on the trail, though, just down the hill.

    ReplyDelete