Monday, August 9, 2010

Busy Bodies

Sorting with tweezers.
Photobucket

Coloring.
Photobucket

Building.
Photobucket

Making patterns.
Photobucket

Sorting coins (and folding laundry.)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Matching cards with toy animals. (Found these cards at Target in the dollar bin!)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Balancing.
Photobucket

Pattern block pictures.
Photobucket

Lacing chopsticks and color matching.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Number matching.
Photobucket

Rubberband board.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Color mixing bottles. I can't remember where I found this idea. Pour some water into a bottle to the halfway mark. Add a little red or blue food coloring. Fill the bottle to the top with yellow oil. I think corn oil would have worked better than the oil I used since it's a darker yellow. We really only got a lighter color blue and yellow, but Zahana and Rohan think they're great anyway.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I need to bookmark this post for Michael next year...looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah...as always such awesome ideas!!! How are you doing?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great activities! I need to remember the marbles on golf tees...I bet Lakin would love that one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas Sarah...my littlest guy is beginning to show more signs of wanting to learn, and loves any 'pre-school' activities we do together.

    Thank you and God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow....... I have just thoroughly enjoyed reading your last 3 posts. Feeling inspired to do more with my littlest ones! Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete