Monday, June 21, 2010

Solstice

"Mama! I'm going to the sun!"
Photobucket

Fly, baby boy . . .
Photobucket

. . . but today, the sun is coming to you!
Photobucket

. . . And whatever else may be out and about.
Photobucket

Birthday wishes for the summer baby. The baby with the sun in her hair, the sky in her eyes, and flowers in her soul.
Photobucket

A wonderful idea!
Photobucket

Some scrap wood.
Photobucket

Thift store finds.
Photobucket

Photobucket

A mud hole.
Photobucket

A bucket of water.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Investigators - Rainbow, Lupine, and Wisher.
Photobucket

Rainbow.
Photobucket

Brownie.
Photobucket

And ta-da! A mud pie kitchen.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Dinner is served.
Photobucket

Hot sun!
Nap time. Quiet time. A story.
A puzzle.
Photobucket

Sewing.
Photobucket

And cutting.
Photobucket

And preparing!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supper time. Pictures of baby Miah. Dessert. Together time.

And everyone is tucked in bed.

Except Mama, left alone to wander the rivers of cloud.
Photobucket

And watch the sun linger. And fade. And start its journey to the other side of the world.
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Oooh I see your mud pie kitchen!! Love it! I went thrifting yesterday and found all kinds of great stuff--I was hoping to find a few wooden crates or boxes but no luck. Looking for some scrap wood to build the oven and we will be set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning...so beautiful...I love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so inspirational, interesting, and amazing. Very creative mud pie kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are always so full of peacefulness and love. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you... it's like a beautiful poem...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog. That's all. Just love it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't left a comment in eons and thought I'd better let you know I still read your every word. I set up a reader and it has messed up my comment leaving because I'm not actually on your page.

    So today I decided to drop by and am in AWE of your header picture. You maybe changed that long ago, but I love, love, love it. All of your pictures are amazing. And the life you and Jeremiah have created for your kids inspires me to no end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I love the mudpie kitchen! We are going to have to try that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!! :D Love love love your blog Sarah. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful way to celebrate the day. Love the outdoor kitchen play!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A mud kitchen--what a grand idea! Gonna have to put that one to use!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so excited about the mudpie kitchen! What a brilliant idea! My guys are always bringing me 'pretend' muffins made from mud (the cake), sand (the icing) and sticks (yummy decorations)...they would love this!

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your mudpie kitchen!! We get tons of imaginative play out of ours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, and I'm just loving all the rainbow window stars! :-)

    ReplyDelete