Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Trip to Kentucky

I took the kids to Kentucky this weekend for a visit. Jeremiah couldn't go because of work. :( But we had a good time. First we visited cousins and played with Aunt Jessica's new puppy.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Then we went to my parents' house. I brought my spinning wheel and taught my mom to spin. She caught right on and is ready for her own wheel. She took me to The Woolery for the first time. I was excited and nervous about going - excited because of all the great stuff they have, nervous because I was going in with a credit card! I did pretty good except I splurged on some soysilk and bamboo fiber. Can't wait to try it out. I also took some yarn I had made and got some advice - add more ply to my yarn and go thinner on the angora.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Saturday was the main event, my sister's college graduation.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Sunday we had a picnic at a park for Mother's Day.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful family trip--- and i love that you taught your mom to spin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sarah! Love that rowboat. :)

    ReplyDelete