Monday, April 12, 2010

A Special Day

There is a beautiful waterfall at Tremont in the mountains. It's a one-mile hike up, and the trail's not exactly smooth. Our "hikes" are usually taken at the pace of the little ones, so we haven't been there for a while. But the time had come. 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 is an excellent age to take your first two-mile hike, don't you think? The weather was perfect. The flowers were blooming. The bird's were chirping. Plus it was my birthday. We had to go.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

All the kids were great hikers. They all hiked the whole way up the mountain. And everybody was happy. We had a picnic lunch by the falls.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Larkin went fishing.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anybody know what this is? This month's National Geographic issue had an article about the endangered fish in the area. (I read it after the hike.) I hope this isn't one of them.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the way back, Jeremiah carried Rohan part of the way. But it was mostly downhill, and Rohan wanted to run some too. He was excited to get home for birthday cake! :)
What a sweet family I have! They made my day so special.

P.S. Jeremiah took some of these pictures too.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. They make my heart ache for nature (we live in the city). Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I was just thinking the other day that I need to find a place to take DD for her first hike. We just moved to rural PA a few months ago, so there should be some awsome places....thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh...Happy Birthday!

    Oh my...I think these photographs are even more amazing than usual Sarah! I loved the carved wooden ladder/walkway...I have never seen anything like that before!

    You live in a beautiful area. It is wonderful to be able to live so close to nature.

    Thank you for this great post!

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, such stunning nature, which you captured so well.
    Makes me dream of waterfalls :)

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, happy birthday to you!

    The perfect way to spend a day - out in God's creation with loved ones - absolutely perfect...

    ~~Camie~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like so much fun! Waterfalls are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! What a beautiful family day...breathtaking. I feel refreshed just looking at the photos. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to You! Those photos are lovely and I know that you had a wonderful time on your walk! Those are the special moments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! What a beautiful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Sarah!!! What a beautiful, beautiful place. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning photos. I live in TN, but I wish I lived in the eastern (mountainous) part of the state...I grew up in Bavaria, and your photos make me really "homesick" for forests and waterfalls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated Birthday, Sarah! What a beautiful way to celebrate! Mine was the 14th! LOL.

    ReplyDelete