Thursday, March 11, 2010

Welcome Spring! Stick

Yesterday I had some time all alone with Zahana. It's always a nice treat to have some special time alone with one of the kids. I had been waiting for a good opportunity to try out some crafts in the book, Preschool Art, by MaryAnn Kohl, and we decided to decorate a stick. Since we've had a few days of warm weather, I thought it was a good craft for welcoming spring.

First we went outside and Zahana picked out the perfect stick. Back inside, I gave her all kinds of craft supplies: yarn, string, fabric, beads, tissue paper, fake flowers, etc.
She wrapped some yarn around the stick.
Photobucket

Then wrapped a string and added beads to the end.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Hot gluing beads onto the stick was her favorite part.
Photobucket

Tying on fabric strips.
Photobucket
We mixed in plenty of kisses and laughter . . .
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
then ran outside to play.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah,

    What a sweet little fairy princess, and her beautiful magic wand! Thanks for sharing.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a beautiful girl...and that smile...it makes one melt...

    Those moments, one on one, are precious indeed.

    PS: Chickens been scratching in the tree mulch? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, she is beautiful and you have chickens and is that an angora rabbit?
    Also, I have had adoption in my heart for years and maybe you could give my husband and I a starting point from your experience.
    Blessings, Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. French angora.
    Camie - How did you know! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...a smile to light up a room! I love that you guys got to spend some quality one-on-one time together!

    Looks like you both had a creative and fun time! I loved the photographs of Zahana threading the beads...she was really concentrating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I love one on one times with my kids! And I love this idea for a Spring stick - will be doing this in 6 months time! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea! It's easy to see how much she enjoyed that special time. She is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is such a beautiful nature princess!
    The spring stick is lovely. We had snow yesterday morning, hoping for sun today :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww...special memories! Love the flower on the end of the stick but the little girl in the pictures is the best part. She sure is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so cute! I love that cape as well! Did you make that Sarah?? It's adorable!

    Blessings,

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  11. Val, Jeremiah's sister made the cape. I love it too!

    ReplyDelete