Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Can't Get Her Off My Wheel!

We all went to the Fiber Arts Festival in Townsend on Friday.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

On Saturday, Miah and I went back for an intermediate spinning class. I loved it. I had the chance to spin some different fibers, got some tips on spinning my angora, and best of all, I was able to sit and spin for two hours uninterrupted. Miah learned how to use a drop spindle and really enjoyed the atmosphere. (We took Flat Stanley along too. He was thrilled.)
Photobucket

And so since then . . .
Photobucket

she just skips breakfast . . .
Photobucket

and goes straight to the wheel.
Photobucket

She takes a break to finger knit . . .
Photobucket

Photobucket

and then it's back to spinning. (I love how she lines up her little strips of roving, all ready to go.)
Photobucket

When do I get a turn?!

"She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands." Proverbs 31:13

9 comments:

  1. How wonderful!! My daughter also loves to spin, it just warms my heart that our children can learn this ancient art:)
    Happy Wednesday to you,
    Warmly
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so sweet Sarah. I've missed your posts. :) Saraya wants to know "when are WE getting a spinning wheel"?! Hmmm. Well, I am going to teach her to finger knit this week (once I learn how...) :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. how lucky you are to have a wheel and little one to help! hope you get your turn soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat! I've never done that, it looks like fun!!
    Hope you get your turn soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. she looks like she is having so much fun, quite fancy a go myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is AWESOME! I wanna spin, too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post...your daughter looks as though she is in heaven! How cool that you guys have your own spinning wheel!...We just ordered ourselves a drop spindle...hmmm we'll see how that turns out!

    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete