Thursday, February 11, 2010

Raw Chocolate Pudding

I found this recipe at Rawdorable and enlisted Zahana to help me make it. It was a perfect job for little fingers.
You need:
1 avocado
1 banana
1 pear, peeled and cored
1/2 Tbs. cocoa butter, melted (or other healthy raw oil)
1/2 c. cocoa
dash sea salt
agave nectar, to taste

Peel the avocado. I scored it in strips first so Zahana could remove the peel easily. Then I chunked it up and dropped it in the food processor. A blender would work too.

Peel the banana and drop it in.
Chop the pear.
Add cocoa to processor.
And salt.
And cocoa butter. Blend until smooth. Add the desired amount of agave nectar to each individual bowl. (The agave wasn't part of the original recipe and Zahana liked the pudding without it, but I thought it really improved the taste.)
Eat up!
"If you do your fair day's work, you are certain to get your fair day's wage - in praise or pudding, whichever happens to suit your taste." ~Alexander Smith

10 comments:

  1. yum! where do you find cocoa butter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I got it at Apple Tree. It's the NOW brand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this raw chocolate pudding looks divine:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raw foods are the best! What a wonderful blog you have. I'm going to start following it. :) --Jennifer syrendell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did everyone like it? If I made this, I'd probably have to do it in secret so they wouldn't know what was in it. Only 2 of my kids like avocado. Would coconut oil work? Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly, Zahana liked it the most. She kept eating it. The other kids tasted it, said it was pretty good but didn't eat much and they didn't know what was in it. I forgot to mention that it tastes better if you add some agave nectar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THis looks yummy!! I tried a raw chocolate pudding with avocado, a lot of lemon and cocoa and it was really hard to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to try this, but in secret. Meredith thinks pudding is a food group.

    ~~Camie~~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy! Thanks for sharing--will have to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete