Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Not All Business

First of all, to all of you who stopped by from Lynette's and to all my regulars, it was fun to have so many kind comments all in one day. Thanks to you all and especially to Lynette.

We started out the day with all six of us in bed together reading about Neptune. Then we made clouds. Because Neptune is cloudy, of course.

"And so to the venture."
~Shakespeare, Henry IV
Photobucket

Photobucket

Larkin's been playing with the camera recently. He likes trying out the different settings. He says P is best for taking pictures through the window. Now we know.
Photobucket

Today we had a momentous occasion. Jeremiah got out his guitar and played for us. I was making lunch and cleaning, and I'll tell you, I could cook and clean all day long if I had my husband serenading me the whole time. The best part was when I walked around the corner and saw the kids dancing to the music. I thought maybe I was in heaven.
Photobucket

Photobucket
(She said she needed that band-aid for her head.)
Photobucket

Photobucket

"Here will we sit, and let the sounds of music creep in our ears."
~Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

Photobucket

Thankfully, the sun made an appearance today.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
"O wonderful, wonderful, and most wonderful wonderful!
and yet again wonderful . . ."
~Shakespeare, As You Like It

And now I must tend to some business.
First, I asked you all to pray for our friends who are adopting two girls from Haiti. Saturday, they were united with their youngest daughter in Miami. We see the rain falling in the desert, and our hearts praise the God of heaven. Their other daughter is still in Haiti, and it is not known when she will be released. The little one they now hold is sick. Please keep praying. Thank you for your prayers.
Secondly, You all want recipes. These particular recipes for sugar cookies and frosting were new to me. I didn't have any powdered sugar, so I searched and found these on Recipezaar. To make the chocolate cookies, I just replaced part of the flour with cocoa. I made the whole recipe minus 3/4 cup flour, split the dough in half, added 3/8 cup flour to one half and 3/8 cup cocoa to the other half. Here's the recipe for the cookies: Vanilla Sugar Cookies. And the frosting. The frosting was really good, but I didn't eat any the next day so I don't know if it held up well. The heart sandwich idea came from the decorated cookie.
This last one is long overdue. Sybille very kindly gave me the Lemonade Stand Award. Thank you very much Sybille. I'll pass this on to these ten beautifully inspiring blogs:
The Praying Parent
heartwork.in.progress
Acorn Pies
bee house hives
Childhood Magic
Ferns by the Fireside
Frontier Dreams
Home Joys
In The Kitchen
Lavender and Limes


"Good night, good night! parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow."
~Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

10 comments:

  1. Hi, I am visiting from Lynnette's blog today. Adorable kids. Cute bunnies. (we have guinea pigs that roam the backyard in the summer) :)

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snowman! :) Thanks for the recipe, I going to try to make a version with honey for the sweetner...pray for me! ;)

    Blessings, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sarah! Love the Band-Aid...and the guitar...

    Have a wonderful Thursday!

    ~~Camie~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI! I'm visiting from Lynettes but added you to my reading list! Love it! Love your kiddos too! How adorable!!! Praying for your friend and their Haiti adoption!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pics! beautiful children :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sarah, back from Lynette's... to "get to know you" even more. *grin*

    LOVE the bunny and snowman photo, cute... makes you wonder what our animal friends think of all our human ways, huh.

    I like that obstacle course in the previous post! My grandkids' obstacle courses all seem to go UNDER things for some reason, LOL!

    I think I have that same "P" that Larkin refers to on the camera. Yep, it's good for window photos. Hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I have the exact same braided rug in my living room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like we are using the same science curriculum. This is our first time to use it and we are LOVING it. It is sooo simple and practical that one of my sons can do some of the science experiments on his own. He was doing the cloud experiment on his own the other day and the other children loved it. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks,Sarah. I really enjoyed looking through the other blogs. I will definitely start following a few of them.
    Love the bunny and the snowman picture!
    Hope Zahana is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah...I'm your biggest fan. I love you and hope you're have a fab day. Besos ma soeur.

    ReplyDelete