Sunday, February 21, 2010

In Which I Pretend It is Spring and the Rest of My Family Does Not

This week, Jeremiah, Miah, Larkin, Zahana, and Rohan took a trip to visit family. I stayed behind to do some spring cleaning. I was all alone for three days! I was tempted to sleep, read, blog, and sleep some more. But I was a good girl and did what I stayed home to do - I cleaned for three days straight. I sorted, organized, scrubbed walls, scrubbed baseboards, scrubbed floors, picked off lots of randomly placed scotch tape and sticky tac, scrubbed paint off the counters and table and floor, and all that stuff that makes for incredibly interesting blogging. And did I mention scrubbing? Oh yes, I scrubbed. When the beautiful sun came out, I even through open the windows for some fresh spring air. But that didn't last long, because it really is still winter.
As the rest of my family well knew. While I cleaned, they were having a blast in the snow. Good thing Jeremiah had the camera.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
It was really weird to be alone for three days, and I'm SO glad to have everybody home again. I've spent the last couple of days hugging and kissing and snuggling and listening. It feels so good!


10 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah,

    My little ones have gone away for a couple of days, too! Isn't it strange? I did what you were tempted to do, since I am expecting and didn't want to work too hard :) . I did get some mending done, however

    It looks everyone is still reveling in the season; good for them!

    I'm glad you were able to get so much done, and glad that you have everyone back, too.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, three days alone--I can't imagine! I think I would have read, blogged, slept. . .maybe scrapped:) Good job being productive, however! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we just need a reset button as moms. I'm glad you got some time alone and glad to hear how wonderful it was to hug and kiss those little ones too! I have to say, I'm proud of my brother for taking all four kids and giving you that time alone. That's a good daddy (and a good hubby)! Looks like they had a blast with your family. Yay for snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have started off with a bang on the cleaning and then spent the rest of the time moping because I missed my kiddos too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That explains why you were at Hobby Lobby all by yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you. Three days of cleaning! Your house must look and feel amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah...I just wanted to let you know that I found your blog through 'Stacie a Firefighters Wife' and I'm glad I did! I love your creative approach to schooling your children! I have to make serious effort to do craft activities more often as I get a bit too caught up in textbooks at times! I loved the post of the children having their tummys painted! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet! and thanks for reminding that I need to get started on spring cleaning...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. My. Goodness. How did you manage to score 3 days at home alone?!? Did you ask for that time or was it your husband's suggestion? I know my husband would resist that idea - he too craves for 'alone time' - I would do just about anything for 3 days peace and quiet! And then, like you, would rejoice to be with my family again. :) Somehow, a little break just rejuvinates me so so much. Glad you got that time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saminda - I asked. I was feeling really swamped.

    ReplyDelete