Friday, January 29, 2010

A Quiet Day. And Snow.

We had a quiet day at home today, mostly just being together.
Photobucket

Trying to keep Zahana's feet on the ground was a challenge today. Climbing and jumping is just what she does.
Photobucket

We finally made a simple little craft I've been looking forward to since last winter. I think I found this on The Crafty Crow, but I can't find it now. All you need is floss and round white stickers which come in packs for labeling.
Photobucket

Cut the floss to the length of your window or whatever space you'll be hanging it in. Sandwich the floss between two stickers. It made it easier for Zahana if I held the floss for her.
Photobucket

I love the way this looks hanging in the window. Larkin spaced his stickers a lot closer and hung a string up in his room like garland.
Photobucket

Miah started making herself a skirt. She didn't ask for help, so I let her go at it.
Photobucket

Larkin helped change the brake pads on the van.
Photobucket

Zahana played with the camera.
Photobucket

Rohan ate snow.
Photobucket

And I ate turnips au gratin.
Photobucket

The snow started falling, and I took the camera out in the fading light for a few pictures.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

"Silently, like thoughts that come and go, the snowflakes fall, each one a gem."
- William Hamilton Gibson

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I love the calm of the snow and it's beauty is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Zahanna is OK! My 8 year old son saw her picture yesterday and just cringed and ran away. I suggested we pray for her instead. =) Today, I showed him her picture and he was much comforted that she looked better. Please let her know she has friends praying for her in New York!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie, Sorry. I didn't mean to scare anybody. Thanks for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete