Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Bit of Winter


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

We finished our ice wreaths and hung them outside. There was a tiny bit of new snow. Miah wove a little rug as part of her World Heritage badge (Peru.) Zahana has a new 'do, and sometimes I like blurry pictures. Jeremiah and the kids had a snow fight on the deck, because that was where the most snow was.

"When there's snow on the ground, I like to pretend I'm walking on clouds."
Takayuki Ikkaku, Arisa Hosaka and Toshihiro Kawabata, Animal Crossing: Wild World, 2005

10 comments:

  1. Love the quote,
    and the wreath,
    and the snowflakes,
    and the beautiful little woven rug handmade by the beautiful little girl. :)
    Oh, and of course snowball fight with daddys are the best!
    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sarah, how I love your blog! As you are enjoying pictures of my summer, I am enjoying pictures of your winter. :) Global friendship - love it!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing snowflakes! Love the winter pictures and Jeremiah's beard.

    Wonderful work, Miah! I love what you made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--the picture of the snowflakes is incredible! I'm secretly jealous of all of your pictures though. ;) I love the ice wreath, pure beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful photos:) I love the photo of the icicles...
    Warmly
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun looking day. It's always fun when Daddy plays. Those delicate looking snow flakes are so pretty...as are all of your children!! Gosh!

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sarah! That second picture is AMAZING! I only hope that it snows here this year so I can copy you. What a stunning capture. Beautiful job on all your pics as always... but that one literally took my breath away.

    Blessings,

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that wreath. It is stunning. Your photography skills blow my mind. Did you take classes for this? Or have you just taken enough pictures to figure it out? I would LOVE to have this ability!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I love that wreath! You always have such amazing ideas...and the energy to execute them with your lovely family. And the photos...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I'm so jealous of the snowflake shot! I've wanted to get a good one forever, and haven't yet!
    I've been thinking that it's time for another frozen suncatcher around here, too, but it was supposed to actually be above 35 today - so not today! :)

    ReplyDelete