Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bit-by-bit

"Homeschooling is largely heart to heart. The method and even the curriculum do not matter nearly as much as the relationship between child and parent." -Ruth Beechick


Tufted Titmouse
Photobucket

Playdough mosaic by Miah.
Photobucket

Warming up with blankets and books after playing outside.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Rohan loved the forest troll in this book. I was surprised, because Rohan is scared of everything. But the forest troll was not scary; he said, "Ho, ho, ho, ho!" So Rohan did too.
Photobucket

We went to pick up our beef. Jeremiah usually goes and gets it himself, but we all went this time. I was hoping for some interesting pictures of the farm or the butcher. I only got this one of Jeremiah inside paying.
Photobucket

Larkin helping me make bread. I tried a new way of putting the cinnamon loaf together.
Photobucket

While Miah and Larkin were busy playing a sight word game printed from adrianbruce.com,
Photobucket

and playing a telling-time game,
Photobucket

Zahana was putting puzzles together.
Photobucket

Then we played an art game together,
Photobucket

Photobucket

until Zahana decided it was time to play the piano.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cinnamon bread fresh out of the oven.
Photobucket

Butternut squash waiting to go in the oven.
Photobucket

Reading about Saturn
Photobucket

and Leonardo da Vinci.
Photobucket


"God has unleashed the floodgates for a blessing that you will cherish forever. Keep everything simple and easy so you can enjoy your little ones. If things start pressing and pushing, evaluate what is going on. If it is fear, snuggle up close to God and get His vision. If it is comparison to others, pull back and put your eyes on YOUR CHILD, get to know them, move forward bit-by-bit with what THEY NEED each day, and let the world go by…they WILL get there!" -Cindy Rushton

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, thank you!!! You inspire me so. And bless me. :) And many others, I'm sure.

    Love those quotes! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking through the bounty of what God has blessed you with and of what you inspire and create around your home is pure joy. Thank you for sharing your gifts with others.

    The quotes are great! Sometimes it is easy to let the world and pressures of time sort of sweep us up and along. I like remembering that focusing in is much more important and being patient makes a huge difference.

    p.s. Your photography skills are wowing me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post inspired me. And what adorable children you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am keeping this post open on my browser and I read it and look at your pictures over and over. I want to comment, but don't even know what to say. Just thank you, perhaps. Thank you for the reminder. I've told you before I want to come and live at your house (smile) and posts like this are the reason why.

    Good job enjoying your children and reminding the rest of us what parenting is all about!!

    ReplyDelete