Tuesday, November 10, 2009

This, That, and The Other

First of all, two words: Technical Difficulties. I don't deal well with technical difficulties. Actually, I don't deal with them at all, hence my absence. Anyways, thanks to my more technologically-minded husband, I now have pictures, which means I can now blog. What would I do without him? Well, I'll tell you - I wouldn't blog. I wouldn't even have a computer. So anyways, something more interesting . . .
Zahana had a birthday! She's three! Happy birthday my sweet little girl! But no pictures. We had her birthday with family in KY, and I forgot to bring the camera (bad Mommy!) I would show you pictures from Jeremiah's iphone, but that was run over yesterday. By cars. So, nope, no pictures there either.
OK. What do I have pictures of?
Eggs. Hatching eggs, actually. A neighbor let me borrow an incubator and gave me four fresh fertile eggs. We weren't planning on more chickens, but I couldn't pass up the offer. We were able to watch two of the eggs hatch, and then the other two hatched at night. The kids, of course, loved it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Miah made some more acorn art. These adorable little snails even have a slime trail behind them!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Chalk outlines.
Photobucket

I cleaned a lot last week, including the garage, where I found several of these:
Photobucket

Zulu Knots
Photobucket

Zahana on her "pretty bike", her birthday present. Her lips are blue from a blue sucker. I go to extreme measures to be able to fix her hair, including movies and candy.
Photobucket

Now, I would like to thank a dear blog-friend, whom I have never met but would like to. Sarah, at bee house hives, had a give-away of her homemade lip balm made with beeswax and honey from her own hives. This little package arrived last week.
Photobucket
It's really the best, most healing lip balm I've ever used. She shares her recipe here.
Photobucket
Thank you, Sarah.

Saturday was the AHG cookout. More lovely farm-time.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
And that's it for now. Goodnight, friends. See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. HAHA! Extreme measures! :P Thanks for sharing what's been up in your neck of the woods...er, forest! ;)

    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't technology a blessing?! :) Love the chicks hatching, and love Z's hair. I do zulu knots on my 2yod hair, also. What I haven't tried, which I love on Z, is the beads. Do you just string them on the end of braids?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shonya, next time I put braids and beads in her hair, I'll post pictures showing how. If I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful memories and photos to make them last...

    My girls will be over to see those hatching chicks. We've promised to do the incubator next spring, and we are already so anxious to get started...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray! Thank you for being willing to share--they truly are beautiful on her! :)

    ReplyDelete