Thursday, November 12, 2009

Refill

Yesterday, I needed HELP! I was already having one of those days, when this lovely incident occurred.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Obviously I did not take these pictures. I was not amused. Thankfully, Jeremiah was there to tend to the perpetrator, while I cleaned up the mess. The mess was a pile of games and puzzles thrown into a over-full bathtub. A pile of games and puzzles that I had just arranged and organized away from curious little children who are not old enough to play with them but have apparently learned how to unlock doors with straightened paperclips.
Somehow, I made it to the end of the day and quiet time to read and, thankfully, to refill.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit." Galatians 5:22-24

"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." Galatians 6:7-10

"'In your anger do not sin': Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. . . . And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with Whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:26,27, 30-32

". . . do not exasperate your children; instead bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. . . . Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:4, 10-18

"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:3-5

"Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:28-31

After the healing Word, I decided to see if the Duggars had anything helpful to say. ( If anybody should, it's them.) I found this quote by Michelle to be valuable:
"Encouragement goes a long way in good behavior. Saying comments such as, 'I’m so happy for you, what a big girl you are you practiced self-control and went potty all by yourself! Great job!' or 'Thank you for taking out the trash without even being asked. I’m so encouraged by your initiative. You saw what needed to be done and just did it! You encourage me to have more of a servant’s heart.' These kind of positive statements will make our children seek to become even more of who they should be.
Remember anger outbursts from parents will push our children away and undermine the very right character that we are trying to teach them. Asking God and others forgiveness when we react in anger is the first step to learning to respond correctly. One thing that helped me (Michelle) was to purpose to lower my voice when I felt myself getting angry. (A soft answer turns away wrath. The wrath of man will not bring forth the righteousness of God.) Meaning my anger will not bring about the right behavior I desire to see nurtured in my children."

And so today was much better.

Better but not altogether sane. Who hotglues things to themselves?!!
Photobucket

A beautiful sunshiney day for tumbling in the grass.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Twaddle schmaddle . . . we like Dick and Jane! Especially when read by Miah!
Photobucket

And apparently we like going underwater too!
Photobucket

Photobucket

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

9 comments:

  1. Oh my! I don't know that I could have kept my calm. And, who does hot glue themselves? As I recall from accidental gluings...it's hot, and hurts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Oh! Oh! (Yes we don't have to go around the world for living some adventures)
    ... Wish you a nice and peaceful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the joys of motherhood! Our puzzles usually "go the way of all the earth", as well. I love all the scriptures and the quotes by Michelle Duggar; definitely food for thought!

    Have fun with the hotglue and water! :)

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh... a REAL belly laugh here!!! Those dino's in the toilet... too funny!! We are potty training here so we also have a 'potty fascination!' And, don't worry... I hot glue myself all the time... occupational hazard!
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog,
    Blessings and magic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for being real and honest - some days I wonder if I'm the only one who struggles with VERY precocious children who have minds of their own! It's a blessing, to be sure, but part of the challenge is teaching my busy little ones how to harness their creative energies!

    Our memory verse right now has been a lesson I am really taking to heart as a mother whose patience is tried, limits are pushed, anger stirred up. I have to remember how I am an example to my children and a reflection of the compassion that Christ has shown me - Here's our verse -

    "Put away from you all bitterness and wrath and anger and wrangling and slander, together with all malice, and be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ has forgiven you." - Ephesians 4:31-32

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Sorry to laugh, but it's just so easy to relate. . . :) Love the quote from Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no...LOL...sorry but I had to laugh! I hear you, sister!! I feel your pain! WAY TO GO TO THE WORD!! AMEN! I love those verses!

    I use the Michelle technique quite often...the angrier I feel the quieter I become! That is what I aim for, anyway! ;)

    Blessings, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry for laughing when I read this but I REALLY had to!! Kinda of reminds me of when I found out Duncan was peeing into the toilet brush holder....on a regular basis...

    ReplyDelete