Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Eagle and The Eft

Photobucket
"Bless the LORD, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s."
Psalm 103:1-5


While my mom was here, we went back to Douglas Lake to search for crystals and enjoy the sun and sand. I was thrilled when a bald eagle flew by and landed on a rocky outcrop in the middle of the lake. I was elated when a second one flew up. At home, I tried to find out more about bald eagles in the area. Apparently, two were released at the lake last year. My first bald eagle! And I have pictures! But not great ones. The camera kept focusing on the background instead of the eagles. Oh well. Yesterday, Jeremiah found a little red eft in the driveway. Larkin quickly identified it with an amphibian field guide and made it his pet.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Your little red eft is o so cute. My son would love to be able to hold one of these. Your photos are great Sarah... and the verse perfect for your post.

    The eagles have been out here too, It always feels special to see one flying over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...! How amazing to see eagles in nature. That doesn't happen often. I love the scripture you chose and the pictures of the kids are always great too. Neat shots of the eft. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of an eft before. I learned something new today thanks to you! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. A red eft is a young (1-3 yrs) eastern newt, which is greenish. From our Peterson First Guide:
    "They are quite bold and may be found walking about the forest floor. Adults live in clean ponds, marshes, and lakes."

    ReplyDelete
  5. The eagle photos are so neat! I love the little red eft! CUTE! I've never heard of them before!

    :)
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete