Friday, October 9, 2009

Getting Milk

We've been out of milk for almost a week. I normally get 4 gallons every two weeks, but the cow who gives us our milk will be calving soon and her milk production has suddenly dropped off. Today, we were finally able to go to the farm and get one gallon. The kids always like to have a drink of milk before we leave the farm, so we bring their cups along.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Fill four cups with milk, and this is what we have left to bring home.
Photobucket

We love to be at the farm, soaking up the air, smelling the country smells, watching the animals.
So we hung around a bit.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Miah and Larkin started gathering pine cones. They were super sticky.
Photobucket

So they had to ride home with their hands folded to keep all that stickiness off everything.
Photobucket

"Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious." 1 Peter 2:1-3

Oh yes. Indeed we have!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved this post! We too will be able to source fresh milk soon as our friends are getting a milk cow. :) Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty cool that you get your milk that way-honestly I think I would be scared to try it. Isn't that awful of me? Maybe this will spur me on, I am just so used to my nonfat milk.

    By the way, I love Z's hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a fun trip! We used to get milk from some friends also...my hubby LOVES fresh from the cow milk...I'm kinda picky...used to lowfat taste, but my kids like it! I've heard it is so much better for you!

    Blessings!
    PS-Passed a blog award on to you! Check out my blog! :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing day. It looks like you have such a great life and a really beautiful family.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog, I love the visitors and comments :)

    All the best,
    Ola
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post! I came over by way of Mommy Earth. We, too, have a milk cow that provides milk both for our family and two other families (total of six adults and 17 children!) I also was esp impressed with your daughter's hair--my daughter is two and I haven't gotton that extravagant with her hair yet! :)

    ReplyDelete