Monday, October 19, 2009

First Frost

Overnight, a giant spilt icing sugar on the ground,
He spilt it in the hedgerows, and the trees without a sound,
He made a wedding-cake of the haystack in the field,
He dredged the countryside and the grass was all concealed,
He sprinkled sugar on the roofs, in patches not too neat,
And in the morning when we woke, the world around was sweet.
Valerie Bloom

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

(click on the little pictures)

11 comments:

  1. These pictures are glorious. I always feel like our blog is like a little get-away...sort of a calm, peaceful, lovely look at our world. And I love it. I feel like I'm breathing deeper when I look at your pictures. Thanks for that, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first frost is always a favorite - the colors still evident under the crystals and you've captured it beautifully!

    Love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your photos are incredible! How beautiful to see the intricate designs left in nature! This sweet poem pairs so beautifully with this post : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent description of frost. you have a lovely blog. nice pictures!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. sarah in the woods,
    I love it. My favorite if I must pick is the zinnia... that would be so pretty in a frame. Great capture as the earth starts to cool into fall and winter. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely & utterly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos! I always enjoy seeing what beautiful pictures you post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures! What a wonderful way to capture the frost.

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS PICTURES, Sarah!!! I love the one of the zinna, I believe it is...so neat...thank you for sharing them with us! :)

    ReplyDelete