Sunday, September 6, 2009

To The Republic!

The Roman Republic, that is.

Eating with the Romans. Lovely white togas and tunics. Bread, olive oil, cheese, and raisins.
Photobucket
SPQR placements. "The Senate and the People of Rome!"
Photobucket
A reading from the book of Romans in the Bible (different time period, same people.)
Photobucket

Art with the Romans. Bean mosaics.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Rohan's (top) and Zahana's
Photobucket

Larkin's
Photobucket

Miah's
Photobucket

Bathing with the Romans.
Photobucket

"History should also provide lessons in the practical affairs of men - their philosophies, their politics, and all those sorts of things - but with regard to children, it is more important to secure interest, to train the imagination and reasoning powers. Imagination comes first. With age and experience - when social and political problems begin to occupy the mind - the more serious side of historical studies can be explored." - Karen Andreola in A Charlotte Mason Companion

10 comments:

  1. wow! what a fabulous lesson. i could even learn something! thanks for sharing. (you are a wonderful photographer, btw!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    I recieved your comment over at Bee House. Nice to hear from you. If I can ever help you out with any questions with bees, please let me know. I think it is great that you are thinking about that adventure. I have learned so much about faith by having them.
    .. and your Zinnia photos are stellar. My favortie is the one about to open. I am planning on lots of Zinnia's next year. They are so pretty.
    Have a good day!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the Roman Bath...can it get any cuter? :)

    Blessings, Sarah!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like hands-on (or togas-on) learning! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that has got to be the cutest little people I have ever seen in togas!! And that Roman bath....

    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What FUN! I love all the photos here but that last one is Great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made me laugh out loud with the bath picture. Honestly, school with you looks so incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny! What a great day. Could you submit this to the Hands On Homeschool blog carnival? http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_6064.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am happy to have found your blog : )
    I am reading through all of your posts and just had to comment on this one, your family is so beautiful I love the things that you create what a beautiful idea to make art with beans. I will certainly have to try this with my children I think they would enjoy it! The last photo is so very sweet : )

    ReplyDelete