Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Art Camp

On Saturdays, Miah has been working on her American Heritage Girl badges. First she chose "Creative Crafts", which was no surprise. She had to pick crafts from a given list. Her choices: origami, clay sculpture, bead-making, and mosaics.
She had a lot of fun with the origami. I found origami folding instructions online, helped her get started, and she really took off with it.
Photobucket

Larkin joined in too.
Photobucket

This past week Miah enjoyed a three-day "art camp" with her beloved artist aunt. I stayed away as much as possible, but I do have one picture of Miah working on her glass mosaic.
Photobucket

It's an underwater scene. I love the little octopus on the left.
Photobucket

They also made pottery on a wheel. The pots are waiting to be fired and glazed, so I haven't seen them yet. I'll show you a play-dough sculpture instead. ;) A fairy girl laying in a flower.
Photobucket

She used a little microwave glass kiln to make glass magnets and beads.
Photobucket

Miah thoroughly enjoyed the special art time with her aunt. And I am so thankful to have someone to help Miah grow in this talent.

The other badge Miah has been working on is the "Memory Maker" badge. She had to learn all about photo storage and scrapbooking tools and techniques. We covered most of the requirements with a trip to Hobby Lobby and the library.
Photobucket

Then she made a little scrapbook of her own.
Photobucket

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you to Emma at Rambling Through Wonderland recently sent this my way:
Photobucket
Here are the rules of this award:
Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.

Pass the award to up to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

So here are a few very lovely blogs that are definitely worth checking out.

All About Him - Enjoying and learning about God's amazing creation
Ambleside Classical - A Charlotte Mason-inspired home
At Home Science - Books, tips, and resources for teaching science at home
Four Green Acres - A delightful country-life blog
Jimmie's Collage - A wealth of homeschooling ideas and helps
Red Gate Gardens - Country life to keep your heart happy
Rose Cottage - Homeschooling and adoption
school for us - More Charlotte Mason homeschooling
Sunny Scholars - Did I ever mention how much I like Charlotte Mason?
The Homespun Heart - Home and homeschool with little ones

Hope you enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! She has some great talent there. I love art! I like her mosaic a whole lot. She did a beautiful job!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing the award - I love all the crafty art projects! So fun!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I like that underwater scene.
    Thank you, graciously, for the award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the award, and you certainly qualify for me to send it back to you! I just posted about my kids' Art Camp on my homeschool blog, too. Something about summers and art camp...

    So nice to meet you and discover your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish American Heritage Girls was around here when my girls were younger. I love Miah's art - I'm not artistic, so I have a deep appreciation for artists and those that nurture the art and artists.

    Thank you for the award - I'm deeply honoured.

    ~~Camie~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the award. I'm having so much fun checking out all the blogs you included. What a wealth of resources!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so precious! This makes my heart so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how fun!!!

    I just wanted to stop in to let you know that you definitely SHOULD plan that trip to the Creation Museum. It's completely worth it!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so very much! I do enjoy the award. I think a lot of your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your daughter's art projects, too. We are looking at an American Heritage Group this year, but we curretly have a conflict with the meeting time.

    Thank you, thank you, for the award! :-) I really appreciate it. And, I'll have to check out some of your other "new" blogs, though I already read most of them!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete