Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Vittles For Littles: Moroccan Cinnamon Oranges

It's about time for another kiddie cooking class, isn't it? I found these pictures from back in April. (We're not exactly back into the normal swing of things yet.) This delicious recipe comes from Jojoebi at jojoebi.blogspot.com. Her son made these yummy oranges, and we had to try it too. They remind me of Christmas.
Remember: the name of the game is to have fun. There's really not much your little one can do to ruin these.

Moroccan Cinnamon Oranges
Photobucket
2 oranges
2 Tbs. honey
2 tsp. cinnamon
We used Clementines. They're very easy for little fingers to peel. And we didn't measure the honey or cinnamon.

Peel your oranges.
Photobucket

Separate the segments, and cut them in bite-size pieces. Put them in a bowl.
Photobucket

Pour honey into a small bowl.
Photobucket

Sprinkle in cinnamon.
Photobucket

Stir. If you want, zap it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds. This makes it easier to stir.
Photobucket

Drizzle over oranges and mix well.
Photobucket

Ta da! A quick and easy special treat.
Photobucket

If junk food is the devil, then a sweet orange is as scripture. ~Audrey Foris

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, healthy snack! Two thumbs up! :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. That looks great! I love how you let your kids get into the kitchen. You are giving them such skills for the future. :)

    BTW, I just left you a crazy long comment to your reading comment on my blog. lol!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog from It's A Boy's Life. I am the Composers Teacher and Larkin's Music teacher from last year Monday Fun. You have an awesome blog. I don't call myself a Charlotte Mason homeschooler but I really like a lot of her "concepts". I was wondering what you did about the nature journaling at this stage. I've wanted to start it but just can't seem to get together something I like. Have any suggestions?
    It was great talking to you last night. Hopefully we'll get to know each other better this year.
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How simply delcious! Thanks for sharing this.

    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that!
    How easy and simple. I think we might have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is precious -- a reflection of the little ones who feature prominently! :-)

    Please, please submit some of your latest CM entries to the Charlotte Mason carnival. I don't remember ever seeing yours posts there. But you really should.

    ReplyDelete