Friday, July 24, 2009

Moroccan Roasted Vegetables

I didn't intend to have a Moroccan theme going, but a friend requested this recipe so I thought I'd share it here. Maybe the oranges would make a nice dessert. This recipe comes from the Moosewood Restaurant New Classics Cookbook.

Moroccan Roasted Vegetables
Photobucket
1 medium onion
1 medium zucchini
1 small eggplant
1 large sweet potato
1 large red bell pepper
2 medium tomatoes
1 1/2 c. cooked chickpeas (one 15.5 oz can, drained)
3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1 Tbs. ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp. turmeric
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. cayenne
2 tsp. salt
(Adjust any amounts to your personal preference. The original recipe called for 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, but I don't use it.)

Preheat oven to 400. Cut all the vegetables into large bite-size chunks. Mix all ingredients together and spread on a cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes, stir, bake 20 more minutes. Serve over couscous, rice, or other grain.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah - this looks incredible! I love the colors. I can hardly wait to try it. I know what we're having for dinner tomorrow night...

    Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I just wanted to tell you I gave you an award on my blog, because I like your blog with all those nice pictures.
    Wish you good times,
    Sybille

    ReplyDelete