Friday, July 10, 2009

Chickies: 1 month

Photobucket
This is Magnolia, looking very much like a rooster. The comb is bigger and redder, and there's the red wattle showing up too. And Magnolia has become the obvious leader of the flock. I think it's time to change this one's name.
Some
members of the family think Blueberry is a rooster too. I won't believe it until I hear a crow and see it come from my little chick. Yes, I picked Blueberry. We were only supposed to get 4 chicks, but I wanted a black one. I had a black hen when I was little. I carried her all over the place. I guess I carried her around too much, because she laid an egg on me. I'm pretty sure Blueberry is a female.
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness.. they are so cute! I can't wait until we have chickens again. Only a few more months now. :)

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first one looks a lot like one of the ones we hatched out....From the picture I would guess hen....she isn't standing like a rooster. But I am not expert. I hope your chick ends up a hen- didn't you say you had a black sex-linked? Black means girl with those.....

    ReplyDelete