Thursday, July 9, 2009

Blueberries For Us

Photobucket
We've been doing a lot of berry picking. Here's our first trip to the blueberry patch this year. We've gone a couple more times and have also picked quite a few blackberries from the side of the road - gotta love free food. The freezer's looking nice.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Miah and Larkin are pretty good little berry pickers.
Photobucket

Photobucket

This dear one, however, was more interested in exploring and chatting with the other pickers. Now, I've never been a fan of putting your kid on a leash, but searching through the bushes for a 2-year-old is not the most effective way to fill a bucket with blueberries. So, Zahana had the privilege of being tied to me for a while.
Photobucket

Rohan kept close and ate plenty of blueberries . . .
Photobucket

. . . and picked plenty of green ones.
Photobucket

When he was tired of that, he entertained himself by poking blueberries into his belly button.
Photobucket

Aunt Jessica, these are for you. Larkin said so.
Photobucket

Zahana survived and got a popsicle when it was over.
Photobucket

The rewards - can't stop eating them!
Photobucket

Here's a couple of sweet blueberry books to read while you enjoy your blueberries (or dream about them.)
Blueberries For Sal is one of my very favorites from when I was little.
Photobucket
Peter in Blueberry Land is a more recent find for me and equally charming.
Photobucket
I might check these out from the library even if I didn't have kids.

5 comments:

  1. Sarah...your children are precious. Love the blueberries in the belly button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! The blueberries in the button kills me! What a beautiful day!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the blueberry belly button! :-) We enjoyed reading Blueberries for Sal recently! Our blueberries are almost ready at the local patch! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blueberry pickers are sweeter than the berries. They brought such a smile to my face..especially the little jug holding all the green ones. How utterly delightful! When I go out to pick later today, I just may have to put one in my belly button...just for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids are adorable!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
    Love,
    K

    ReplyDelete