Thursday, June 4, 2009

More on Hair

HELP!!!
Photobucket

Just kidding. It's not that bad! I just took her hair down to wash it. We had another friend come over to give me some hair styling tips. She gave Zahana these fabulous braids.
Photobucket

Zahana was a little wiggle worm, but this lady was really good at braiding. I need lots of practice, and I don't think I can braid with Zahana moving around so much. So I practiced on Miah. I've always been too intimidated to give Miah french braids, but I think I'll start working on it more.
Photobucket

It may be a while before the braids are good enough for going out in public. And the other thing was that Zahana's braids were turned under. I'm used to braiding over hand, so I'll have to figure out how to make my fingers work in the opposite direction.
Photobucket

Major advantage of cornrows - they last a lot longer than puffballs. I was glad she had the braids for the beach. Last year, Zahana put tons of sand in her hair and I just couldn't get it out.
Photobucket

She sure has changed!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your adorable post on hair. We are fostering to adopt three African American children, and to be honest I still haven't figured out the best way to care for their hair. Any suggestions on oil or lotions? The sand in the hair...been there...it's a tough one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that last picture is a gem!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your french braids look great! Your kids are so beautiful.

    Val

    ReplyDelete