Saturday, June 13, 2009

LOOK!

Photobucket
We have chicks!
Photobucket
We picked them up Monday from a local guy who has a lot of chickens. He said they are Rhode Island Reds and Black Sex Links and some are mixed. He couldn't tell me which were male or female even of the Sex Links. Hmmm. Anyway, we bought 5 and will keep the females.
Photobucket

Meet Blueberry. (I suggested Peepicheep and was overruled.)
Photobucket
Photobucket

Meadow.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Hollyberry.
Photobucket

Maple.
Photobucket

And Magnolia.
Photobucket

I'm youth, I'm joy, I'm a little bird that has broken out of the egg.
James M. Barrie

7 comments:

  1. so cute...and adorable names, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Sarah! :-) Your kiddos are very similar age to mine then! We name everything too right away...Black Licorice, a hen & Nicodemus, our steer our two of my favorites...we have a bunch of kittens right now, but they only named one so far...Sugar! :-)
    Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS chicken mama! That is SO neat! I can't wait until I can have chickens again. I hope you are having a great weekend, Sarah.

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, the joy of chickens - I can hardly wait to hear the tales!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these photos are soooooo cute!! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute!! I know your kids will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so beautiful....the chickens
    and the children.
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete