Thursday, June 18, 2009

Kefir, in Haiku

Photobucket
Don't touch my kefir.
It will be done tomorrow.
Then you can have some.

Photobucket
I've waited so long.
Now here it is! I like it!
Thanks for the kefir.


Larkin has been asking me to make kefir for months, ever since he tasted the store-bought kind. I finally bought some starter and made some with our raw milk. It was really easy to make and tasted kind of like a cross between plain yogurt and sour cream. I made a smoothie out of it with strawberries and honey. It was a success!
The haikus are for the flickr group, do u haiku.

5 comments:

  1. Never tried kefir but if your boy's expression is anything to go by, it must be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! We love kefir here. A friend gave us some live grains & we culture it in raw milk, also. Our local store has old bananas for 99 cents for a 5 lb bag every time I go & I peel & freeze them just for our kefir shakes.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute...kefir & haiku...I've never actually had kefir, but I've heard a lot of good things about it...:-)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love kiefer. Although I have made yogurt, I have never made keifer. Maybe that will be a fall thing. :) Great pictures and haiku.

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm i love kefir. great post. thanks for visiting. i´m off to read more of yours:) besos-jane

    ReplyDelete