Tuesday, June 23, 2009

City

We've lived in the area for seven years, but being a country girl at heart, our day trips usually take us to the mountains rather than the city. We have taken the kids to the zoo and art museum, but that never included walking around Knoxville. Last week, we wanted to take the kids to the history museum, but we ended up getting there too late (their website is kind of confusing.) Since we were downtown, we decided to walk around and see what we could see. I actually forgot to bring my camera that time, but later in the week we returned to the museum and I brought it. I was pleasantly surprised to find that exploring the city was interesting and fun.
Photobucket

The art museum, seen from the parking garage.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I liked seeing the architectural decorations on the old buildings.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Market square, where there was a farmers market, little water fountains for the kids to play in, and a musician playing on a bench.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The window was actually a painting, though the brick around it is real. I love it.
Photobucket

So there's our city experience. We'll definitely be going back to discover more.

2 comments:

  1. I often forget that we live so close to a major city, and it's weird to me that Randy drives to and works there every day! One of our favorite summer traditions is going to Shakespeare on the Square in July and August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for telling me about Shakespeare on the Square. I looked it up and it looks fun.

    ReplyDelete