Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Chickies: 2 Weeks

Wing feathers, tail tufts, developing personalities - they grow up so fast! I'll be hopeful and call them all girls.

Meadow - She's the feistiest and most colorful of the bunch.
Photobucket

Magnolia
Photobucket

Hollyberry
Photobucket

Maple
Photobucket

Blueberry, the sweet little runt of the litter - or maybe it's just that she's a different, smaller breed, since she is the only black one. Really rooting for this one to be a girl, though she is a bit scraggly.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. so cute! I love babies. Things to look for around 5-6 weeks combs may start to pink up...the earlier they get red better chances they are roosters. Thicker legs and standing taller can mean roosters too. In our experience the quicker, longer tail feathers come in mean girls. Anyway....I hope you get all girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of your "girls" (hopefully!) - it's amazing how quickly they go from being little fluffballs to growing out feathers! Thank you for sharing!

    PS - Sarah, I have a prayer request, if you don't mind - could you please e-mail me, if that's okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at their sweet little wings! I love baby chicks! Good luck with all girls! (I have never had a rooster, so I can't say how to tell. I have gotten very lucky.)

    Val

    ReplyDelete